Monday 21 March 2005

Fortune Cookie

I got my first fortune cookie ever over the week-end. It might sound weird to some but I had never been to a Chinese restaurant that gave fortune cookies. I supposed it's just not done in Europe. So here's what it said:

Rest has a peaceful effect on your physical and emotional health.

Lucky numbers: 4, 8, 10, 13, 41, 42

I didn't really need a fortune cookie to tell me that. As for the lucky numbers, 4 and 8 are powers of 2 which goes well with the fact that I'm a computer geek. 10 and 13 are the decimal ASCII codes for line feed and carriage return, which are at the centre of my work at the moment as I am working on some file upload functionality where I need to be able to report the exact position in the file where a parsing error occurred, if any, including line number. 41, I am not sure about. And 42 is obviously The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

1 comment:

LaCandida said...

Well, I hope you listen to the ancient chinese wisdom, and get a little rest.

Don't forget 8 is your birthday as well.