Saturday 7 January 2006

Muzak

Once again, I changed from tube to bus at Hammersmith, thinking that it was worth waiting for a bus that would drop me just in front of my house rather than take a quicker tube that would drop me an 8 minute walk away (yes, I timed it). Once again, I was appalled by the tasteless muzak that was coming out of the speakers at Hammersmith bus station. Not only that, they insist in playing it at such a volume that I can't drown the noise with my iPod. It's supposed to be background ambient music, not awful classical music at nightclub volumes, you insensitive clods!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But still, the Most Annoying prize-winner of all the announcements made in the Tube remain the "Dear customers, there is a good service operating on all Underground lines. Good service on all underground lines."

Could they not keep it shut if everything's working as it's supposed to?