Sunday 28 October 2007

From Feisty to Gutsy

Ubuntu released the version 7.10 of their operating system 10 days ago, code named Gutsy Gibbon. As my laptop was on the previous release (Feisty Fawn, 7.04), when I booted it yesterday the install manager suggested I upgrade. I decided to do so, wondering how long it would take and how complicated it would be, my experience of other operating systems that shall remain nameless telling me that I could be in for the long haul. I shouldn't have worried: in typical Ubuntu fashion, it was dead easy: once I had clicked on the upgrade button, it did everything on its own, I just had to provide my password so that it could have root privileges. In fact, the only difference with a normal package update was that it took longer and the laptop had to be restarted once at the end of the process in order to boot under the new version.

Needless to say, I was impressed. If only all operating system upgrades could be that easy!

1 comment:

NO said...

you are cute.