Saturday, 3 June 2006

Ironing for Men

Before I left home so many years ago, my mum gave me a lesson in ironing. I've now forgotten most of it except the basics that enable me to iron my shirts. As a result, my iron is always set on the same setting that is good for cotton shirts. Don't ask me to iron anything else as I wouldn't know what to change to do it properly. As a guy who lives on his own in London, I am not an isolated case. I know some people who spend fortunes in dry cleaning because they have no clue how to iron anything. Luckily, this is about to change. Mary Hackney, a student from Coventry University has come to the rescue of iron-challenged blokes with an iron that sports a big handle, simple dials and go-faster stripes. It's also a cool gadget as it includes a scanning device which recognises the fabric and automatically selects the appropriate temperature and steam control. Mary, you're a star! I want one of those!

Post a Comment